At Eastbay OMS we make every effort to provide you with the finest care and most convenient financial options. To accomplish this, we work hand-in-hand with you to maximize your insurance reimbursement for covered procedures. If you have any problems or questions, please ask our staff. They can be reached by phone at 925-833-8516.
**Important** Remember to please bring your insurance information with you to the consultation so that we can expedite reimbursement. You can view our financial policy here.
Additional Insurance Questions
Depending on who your insurance provider is, the time it takes for your insurance claim to be processed and paid will vary. However, most insurance companies typically process claims within 15-60 days. If you are curious about your specific insurance we would recommend calling them directly.
If you would like to file a complaint about a delayed payment, we recommend that you contact your insurance administrator or the Insurance Commissioner for California, Ricardo Lara.
Why was my benefit different than what I expected?
Some plans will say they cover a percentage (such as up to 70% or up to 90%) of a hypothetical procedure. However, they may not be clear about annual maximums, plan fee allowances, or limitations (such as only 2 exams per year allowed). A more realistic expectation would be expecting your insurance to cover anywhere from 30% to 70% of the total cost of services. Keep in mind, that the actual amount your insurance will cover varies depending on your specific insurance plan.
Most common reasons insurance benefits vary:
- Your insurance will only pay a percentage amount of the fee charged
- You have used up some or all of the benefits your insurance plan has provided for you
- Your plan does not cover the treatment you received
- You have yet to meet your deductible amount
- You have not yet reached the end of your plan’s waiting period, and therefore your coverage has not started.
If you have a pressing question that you feel wasn’t addressed here, feel free to contact us or reach out to us at:
Phone: (925) 833-8516
Office: 9301 Fircrest Ln #2, San Ramon, CA 94583
Other Patient Information Pages
We have consolidated all of the most important information that you will need before, during, and after time here as a patient.
- Once you or your dentist has determined that you need to see Dr. Chun, the first thing you need to do is call our office to schedule an appointment. When you call our office our receptionist, Stephanie, will likely be the one to assist you. She will ask you to bring three things: referral slip, x-rays, list of medications, and insurance information. Read more >>
- Dr. Alan P. Chun, DDS, MD, Inc. is open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. and Friday from 8 a.m. until 2 p.m. We will schedule your appointment as promptly as possible. If you have pain or an emergency situation, every attempt will be made to see you that day. Read more >>
- For your convenience, we accept, cash, personal checks, and most credit cards. Payment is due at time of service. We deliver the finest care at the most reasonable cost to our patients. Therefore, payment is due at the time service is rendered. If you have questions regarding your account, please contact us or call our office at 925-833-8516. Read more >>
- A notice of Health Information Practices is available in our office. Read more >>
- Compilation of all of the questions we get asked most frequently by patients. Read more >>