Oral and maxillofacial surgery requires additional years of hospital-based surgical and anesthesia training after graduation from dental school. As an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Chun manages a wide variety of problems relating to the mouth, teeth and facial regions. Dr. Chun practices a full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery with expertise ranging from routine teeth extractions and wisdom teeth removal to corrective jaw surgery. He can also diagnose and treat traumatic facial injuries and TMJ disorders, and performs a full range of dental implant and bone grafting procedures for implant supported dentures, implant supported fixed crowns and implant supported fixed bridges. This also includes techniques designed to rebuild bone structure with minimal surgical intervention and optimal patient comfort.
Our staff is trained in assisting with Intravenous (IV) sedation or outpatient general anesthesia in our office setting. We monitor patients continuously during and after surgery. We make sure to adhere to the California State Standards for office anesthesia.
The surgical staff at Eastbay OMS are all experienced, trained and certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Assistants. This means that they all maintain Basic Life Support (BLS)/CPR and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications. The surgical staff is anyone who assists in the administration of IV sedation and surgery. Our staff is informed administrative personnel, well-versed in health and insurance policies as well.
Other Patient Information Pages
We are accepting new patients! Staff members are available to make appointments and answer questions during our regular business hours from 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. Please give our office a call or visit our contact page to request an appointment. At Eastbay OMS, we want to ensure your treatment is the care you deserve.
We wish to provide the highest level of care and meet the needs of all our patients. Occasionally, unexpected events and emergency procedures may cause a delay in your scheduled appointment. We will do our best to minimize any delays. We ask for your understanding so that every patient receives exceptional care. Patients under anesthesia are our top priority!
If you have any questions, please contact our office during normal business hours to speak with our staff by phone. Please notify our staff if you are experiencing pain or an emergency so that every attempt can be made to see you as soon as possible.
We have consolidated all of the most important information that you will need before, during, and after time here as a patient. Please visit these pages for more information:
- Once you or your dentist has determined that you need to see Dr. Chun, the first thing you need to do is call our office to schedule an appointment. When you call our office our receptionist, Stephanie, will likely be the one to assist you. She will ask you to bring three things: referral slip, x-rays, list of medications, and insurance information. Read more >>
- Dr. Alan P. Chun, DDS, MD, Inc. is open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. and Friday from 8 a.m. until 2 p.m. We will schedule your appointment as promptly as possible. If you have pain or an emergency situation, every attempt will be made to see you that day. Read more >>
- For your convenience, we accept, cash, personal checks, and most credit cards. Payment is due at time of service. We deliver the finest care at the most reasonable cost to our patients. Therefore, payment is due at the time service is rendered. If you have questions regarding your account, please contact us or call our office at 925-833-8516. Read more >>
- At Eastbay OMS we make every effort to provide you with the finest care and most convenient financial options. We work hand-in-hand with you to maximize your insurance reimbursement for covered procedures. Remember to please bring your insurance information with you to the consultation so that we can expedite reimbursement. Read more >>
- A notice of Health Information Practices is available in our office. Read more >>
- Compilation of all of the questions we get asked most frequently by patients. Read more >>