Dr. Alan Patrick Chun was born in Castro Valley, CA and raised in Livermore, CA. He is a Board-Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon who received his undergraduate degree in Biochemistry from University of California Davis, his Doctorate in Dental Surgery degree from University of California Los Angeles in 1991 and his Medical Doctorate degree from Harvard University in 1994. Dr. Chun’s residency was completed at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, MA, and he obtained his Certificate of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in 1997. Following this program, Dr. Chun completed a one-year Fellowship in Cosmetic Surgery with the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery.
Dr. Chun is a board-certified diplomat of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery board and belongs to a number of organizations:
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Northern California Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- American Medical Association
- California Medical Association
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- California Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
Dr. Chun has devoted his professional career to all aspects of an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery practice with special interests in the treatment of dental implants, bone grafting, wisdom teeth, impacted teeth, oral pathology, and TADS – temporary anchoring devices. To keep abreast of the latest developments in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Dr. Chun always exceeds the continuing education requirements of California.
- John Muir Medical Center
- San Ramon Regional Medical Center
Dr. Chun’s hobbies include fly-fishing, fly-tying, tennis, and staying active in his sons’ activities including Boy Scouts. He’s been married for 21 years to Ellen and has 2 children, Matthew and Nicholas.